Monday, February 18, 2008

Another Lovely Monday

Ahhh, the joy of a Monday. Getting out of bed and waking up just a little groggier than usual. The morning rush to work. The familiar sounds of the work as the clock turns to 8am. Yes it is another lovely Monday.


Happy belated Valentines day. Though I had in my mind that I was going to prove my loyalty to low carb and turn up my nose to all the valentine treats......I did fall and stumble a bit. Good new is, it was just a bit and I was right back on the low carb wagon.


The good thing about low carb is my body thrives on this diet. I feel more energized and alive. The bad thing is once I eat a carb laden food my body turns on me. I get headaches, and I get tired and all in all I feel crappy. A great reminder that carbs are bad for me and my body can not handle them.


Today I stayed very low on the carbs I was at 10 carbs today. I drank protein shakes and had cheese and some steak. Today was a very light eating day for me. But I am trying to get my body back into its "happy ketosis" stage.


My next weight in is on the 23rd, I am looking forward to see the numbers on the scale go down. Despite my few stumbles my clothes feel loser, and I am back in my 18 pants...though a bit tight I am in them!!!

2 comments:

iheartchocolate said...

Good for you! I waited until after the holiday to even begin because I know how much I love chocolate!

cc1sillygoose said...

Lol. Chocolate is awesome, and yes I ate some on V-day and it was good. But then later I got a headache. I am sticking to sugar free chocolate now.....