Thursday, January 15, 2009

When time flys............

More news!!!!

I got a call from my insurance company the other day and the nurse is sending me a packet of info and paperwork I need before I can get a WLS date. WOW!!! Things are just in hyper drive. She is scheduling a nutritional consult and a psych consult. I was told by my WLS coordinator that I have platinum insurance. That I would be taken care of very nicely....so cool.Looks like I will be actually getting weight loss surgery! So far so good.

Today I went to get my EKG done and chest x-ray. I had the order in my hand and the only words that popped out at me were morbidly obese. So I got to stare at that sentence for ten minutes or more. I actually got a little bit teary. I mean when I look in the mirror I do not see what I am labeled as.....morbidly obese. I mean I know I am not skinny....but really morbidly obese? Yesh.

But that's why I am doing this WLS so someday I will see normal weight and normal BMI on my doctor charts......

1 comments:

iheartchocolate said...

I know, the words sting. I have seen them too. I didn't see the same thing in the mirror though. I don't know why, but I couldn't.

Glad it's going for you the way it is, that is fantastic!

Take before and after shots though, you will be glad you did. I wish I had taken one at my max, but I never did. Now when I see those pictures, I just marvel at the difference.