Friday, August 7, 2009

Good times.....

Life has been good to me. I turned 31 on August 2nd and I went to San Fransisco with some great friends and had a blast! We played tourists; went on Pier 39, Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, and then to the De young Museum to see the King Tut exhibit. That exhibit was beautiful! I love the Egyptian era so many bright bold colors!

Weight loss has been steady. I find I can eat sugar and I can tolerate most all foods. I have problems with cabbage though....weird, odd but true! Though I know I can eat most all foods I do eat healthy and little sugar...I still have not tried steak, and chicken if to dry hurts my pouch and in dire straits...comes back up.

I have been working out 4/5 days a week and started to use the Wii Active...boy does that kick my arse! I am painfully sore today and was yesterday. I have only used this twice! I feel better though and it is nice to add something besides walking to my work out routine. I am shaking things up!

The University where I work at is going through change. Stressful, yet really does not affect me..I am a grant employee and state employee's have gotten a 10% cut. It is the first day of Furlough.....it is so quite in the office.

I am still planing on going back to school. I am scared to leave the safety of this job. But I can not imagine myself here til I am at retirement age. I want higher education and to get a job I have passion for and that allows me to help people. Office work is ok...but after 10 plus years of it.... ready for change!

I am supported by my fiance and family to go back to school. My fiance see's it as an investment in myself and in us.I have been going to school(off and on) a class here and there most every other semester. It has been my dream to go back full time and just get it done! With school comes better pay. So I am hoping by the time I am out of school...going for BA and Masters...that the economy will be right back up again and welcome me with open arms and a great job! Dreams can come true you know :)

1 comments:

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

I big-time heart San Francisco. I can't remember my kids' birthdays, but I remember every meal I had when we went there.