Saturday, June 5, 2010

Still Alive & Kicking!

Today was a good day. I made baked taquitos and I took a walk with my honey and my future brother and law. We walked the neighborhood and as we did, I worked through my soreness. It felt good to use my limbs and legs....it has been a long time since I have done any walking. I need to keep in shape :)
It has been one year since I have had WLS. I am blessed to have come as far as I have come. I am down 108 pounds. I am able to shop in the normal size clothing area. I am able to actually enjoy dressing up, and just happy in general. Though the journey has had it rough spots, all in all it has been worth it and has given me a new lease on life. Speaking of life......
Life is still what it is. It isn't perfect, but it isn't bad. I am trying hard to focus on the good things in life. I am doing better, not as upset as I was in last post.
The paperwork debacle is done. Now I am just dealing with my partial disability paperwork. I got it in the mail today and of course I have questions so Monday afternoon will be spent on the phone waiting to speak to someone. Ahhhh the joys of paperwork! But every little bit counts.
Work has been good. I am feeling more like myself again. It is amazing what time can do for your health. I am no longer pushing myself to work the full eight hours. I can come home, still sore but not to the point I can't do anything. Now I am enjoying life more. I am happier. Pain levels with EDS are the same, but having the time to sit and ice my joints, and heat pad them earlier in the day makes it so I can do some of my life.
Still there is a downside. Money has been very tight. I am missing my full time salary, as the part-time one just barely covers bills. Yet I have a roof over my head, and a good honey that has been understanding and helpful. Life is good, and I am choosing to focus on the good parts of life.